Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am currently sitting in my home office, drinking a beer.

I'm drinking a beer, on a weeknight, on a work night, in my office. My husband just changed the lightbulbs to 100 watt fancy clear light bulbs. This room is brighter than my school office now, horribly brighter.

I'm sitting here, drinking a beer, in the brightest light, because I can't face going to bed yet. You see, I decided that I need to do more things that J likes. He picked me up from school, dinner already made, kitchen cleaned. So I offered to go see a movie (in fairness, I was trying to avoid the bowling option he put forth). Beyond that, I offered to go see a HORROR movie.

Hence the bright light, beer, office.

We saw Quarantine. Or rather, he saw it. I watched 1/2 the movie-- the left half, with my left eye. There will never be a redeeming quality to a horror flick. And this one, despite actually being a bit boring, capitalized only on some dried up tricks from Blair witch.

In the end, nobody wants to see an apartment building filled with rabid humans eating each other.

So beer, light, computer.

No comments: