Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Airplanes, boundaries, wedding weary

Well, after I look out the window, I must share my recent distress.

This government is after my happiness. Seriously! Trying to arrange travel for so many people to the wedding is disheartening. For some reason, plane tickets are $100 more than normal to my home city--- not just gas inflation, but up for some reason. And gas is climbing to $4 a gallon (though I doubt it will really go that high, but you never know), so driving north is harsh. I hate that we are asking so many people to travel to the wedding, because it costs so much.

And the last straw-- the Democratic Convention. My uncle the almost-general is involved in convention security. Depending on the type of battle to be waged on that stage, he may not be able to attend, and be a part of the wedding party. So seriously, Clinton step down! If you both go to the convention, I don't get my uncle!

Yes, I'm irrational and half-joking, but seriously! And yes, I voted for Obama, which Tom Hanks apparently did too, if you saw his dorky you-tube endorsement. I know Clinton believes this, and Obama believes that, yadda yadda. It all comes down to this-- the government is a slow moving glacier, and no one president and exert EXTREME change in 4 years. Hell, the next pres' first 4 will be spent dealing with the stupidity of Bush's last 4. But at the end of the day, I believe that Obama can bring small fundamental changes to this ailing democracy----- republic (and they are two diff things) and Clinton will not.

Obama is the closest thing to Jed Bartlett I've seen in a while. And you know, Deane wouldn't be that bad, except he's a sheeple and he won't change anything.

No comments: