Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Unknown info about me #1 and #2

#1 I feel foolish and excited and happy and disappointed and awake. I spent this weekend in an all-consuming Read, the kind when you read a book, and right before the bookstore closes, dash off to buy #2. It's the kind of Read when you absentmindedly find yourself sitting in all the rooms of your home looking for the best light on the page. It's surprising how comfortable the bathroom floor can be.

I read all the Twilight books this weekend. Straight through. The kitchen and laundry look like it too. Neglected.

I see some value in these stories, but was not that impressed-- it was even more fun knowing that I was reading not just non-research related material, frivolous storylines, but that I don't think they were particularly well-written. It's even more sinful (in such a good way) to waste a weekend reading not-that-great writing. Because I CAN DO THAT. I mean, I can write that. It made me happy, to give myself over to the Read, and to follow it through the three trips to the store to get the next book, and the lack of housework, and the husband who was ok with it (he was sick).


#2. I think I have a clock. I noticed how cute the kids are next to starbucks (at daycare) this morning. I usually see them, but it was different. I've always thought the kids I know-- my beautiful nephews and Didder and my friends' kids were very cute. But today, I thought stranger's kids were cute! Mentally, I want a kid. But I think, today, I physically wanted to have a child?

No comments: