Thursday, February 5, 2009

#9: to tattle or not

Today in class, a girl sat next to me with a laptop for notetaking. I always wondered what she was really doing, and figured she was screwing around. Well for about 30 minutes she took notes. I couldn't help but look occassionally at her screen so I could know if she was working. Then, she whipped out the facebook. And email. I am so annoyed. I wanted to tattle on her, but what do I do? My anger is, of course, born by the anger of an instructor who is pissed that she disrespects her instructor that way (in a lecture). But then, she pissed me off because its not fair. I can multi-task, and I would also like to have a computer during the less than interesting lecture moments.

So, do I tattle? Or do I stay quiet? J said be quiet, but I owe no allegiance to these undergrads--- and she kept missing what people were saying and asking me to repeat.

4 comments:

supadiscomama said...

Are you a grader? Is this a big class? What's the deal?

Either way, profs know that the undergrad students with laptops are going online. Anyone who believes differently is deluded, I think. There's not much anyone can do--except ban laptops, I guess. I wouldn't worry about it. It will come back to bite that student in the ass eventually :)

thursdaynext.21 said...

sigh. It's the course that I'm taking for WMST cert. And it's only 25 or so, in a small room. I know you're right, but the whiny kid in me wants to be there when she falls. Horrible huh?

Oxymoron said...

Don't tell. And move if you're not comfortable ignoring her when she asks you to repeat stuff.

thursdaynext.21 said...

"Hey Thursday, Did I miss something? (That guy's Comment) isn't on this article."

"There were two assignments on the syllabus."

.........

"So I didn't get time to read it. What was it about?"

"OH DON't worry, you have time right... now..."
_______________________

I'm not sure I'm expressing how I have a hard time not showing my feelings on my face. I stared at her and waited. Nothing.

I gotta work on a poker face. Until then, Moron, I'll have to sit far far away.