Sunday, September 13, 2009

Alright, I shouldn't be here typing when I should be working on my diss. But cie la vie!

Things have gotten better with the house. The cat appears to be much happier in the kitchen, and never tries to 'break out'. I believe this to be because the....sigh, embarrassing part... two couchs in the living room are full of fleas. We have arranged for pest control, and vet visits for both the crapper- I mean- cat, and the dog outside. I think there's weak insulation between the house and outside, as the fleas appear to come from the window next to the dog house. I'm very glad we discovered it, but also am irritated by it. But just think, if we hadn't moved in here, poor Bingo and Sasha would still be lonely, bitten, and scratchy.

We are still waiting on the official offer of job for J-- they called Friday to ask if he had ever filled out an application (someone got ahead of themselves somewhere!) so sadly the talent exec said she'd have to call again after she finished paperwork on credit/background check. sigh.

On the upswing, I'm having a very hard time concentrating on school because we splurged (probably at the wrong time) and bought a honeymoon package! But I'm tired of justifying it to the public-- by god we deserved a freaking vacation, and with J starting a new position, he won't have extra time off until January. I'll barely see him at christmas, let alone not-at-all for thirteen weeks of training. Thankfully, since we set it up before interviews, the company approves of the vacation.


Now, I just have to remember, when I start scratching my bugbites, the horrible lesson I learned of bedbugs in 2000. Remember the 156 bites on one leg, 63 on the other..... the horror! And the doctor only gave me calamine lotion- in a shot glass! Remember, rugburn was the only way to itch them all...

So many people took pictures of my legs back then-- if ONLY I had a copy of one of the pics!

No comments: