Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yard work (despite how mean the tone of this is, I'm not that bitchy)

I've been irritated by some overgrown bushes on our driveway for quite awhile. Besides being in the way when exiting a car, there are also huge spiders that spin webs when the sun goes down, attached between the bushes and the cars-- so needless to say I carry a flashlight at night, so I won't walk into cobwebs on the way to the house.  So yesterday I decided to clean up.

When I told J what I was going to go do with my hedge clippers, he commented that we shouldn't do that because the pomegranate tree (the biggest overgrown crap) was CAD's. I said you can't stop me. She doesn't live here, and seriously, its a damn bush. He also mentioned that he would back me up (of course) if she were to notice and make a big stink about it. I said he had no choice because he married me, and we don't like her anyways (of course).

But as I was chopping away for 45 minutes, I found myself daydreaming the scenario that she drives by, sees it and stops. It's not unlikely she would think she could yell at me or perhaps shove. My only concerns are that A) I would find myself beating up a 40year old, and might have to work hard at it and B) I'd have to be quiet because if J heard the commotion, he'd come outside and step in-- a much more uneven battle.

Then I realized, SERIOUSLY, why am I daydreaming about the potential catfight that won't happen? The scary part is that it is possible. She's so many tacos short of a mexican platter, that all she has is a scoop of guacamole in the middle!

So, now I have a cleaner driveway. Next weekend, I'm going to start looking for 'her' things and change them. First item on the list (I kid you not) is moving the stupid gecko suncatcher stuck in a window. I'm done with avoiding and learning to deal with her. I'm on the offensive.

And I still don't see why I should answer her phone calls.

No comments: