Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dream-mare

I woke up this morning after a wierd dream combination of "Who's the Boss,""King Ralph," and paper accordion wedding bell decorations. I can definitely tell that I'm getting more sleep, since the dreaming is on again, but perhaps I should try to limit the tv I watch before bed?

Anyway, since my last post, J has gotten an amazing promotion to manager. His current struggles include convincing a restaurateur that he doesn't know how to run a restuarant, and should follow the edicts J puts forth. He's nice about it, and only tells him little things at a time, but still.......

It's a really good steakhouse downtown, the spawn of two really good burger joints in town. It is owned by a meat-and-potatoes guy. THERE ARE NO VEGETABLES. And grilled tomatoes, while they are good, are fruit. You can get really good potatoes done 9,000 ways, but there's no broccoli or beans or such. There are salads, but the owner just hasn't comprehended the value of green yet.

Once I've deemed it good enough, then I'll tell my friends to eat there. UNLESS you go for lunch. Lunch is a standard fare-- better than Chicken Oil though.

No comments: