Wednesday, April 2, 2008

cranky pants

Okay I went to the doctor, had chest xrays, etc. I told him that I had a cough since the last time I'd been there (January) but that my friends had had the same thing, and said their cough hung on for 4 weeks or so. So I ignored the cough until Spring Break. It seemed to get better.

And then, honestly, I got absolutely no sleep 2 nights in a row, thanks to a squabble and then my own inability to sleep when stressed. Then I got on a plane. And that sucked. The doctor said that if I hadn't ignored the cough, it would have been easier to fix. I have something similar to walking pneumonia (I sound and look like it but I don't have it) that has to do with my trachea and upper lungs (pneumonia is in the base), so I have drugs now, which should have an effect by monday. He did say it would take awhile, because my circulatory system was so irritated. And he didn't quite believe me when I said I'd never had asthma........ weird.

Anyways, I'll be better soon and won't have to give my students a walk just because I can't have a coherent thought in front of the classroom.

P.S. I did a segment on U2 and poetry in class. I'll have to post about the project/success/failure soon.

No comments: