Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wanna leave the country?

Every week, I get continental.com specials. I like to dream about one day just saying, hey lets go on vacation-- tomorrow, and winging off to some random city. This week, the round trip fare from Nearby Big City to Belize is $150.00. And my thought was, "I can go", not "we." Logically, J can't leave or take off until the wedding, so logic makes that thought easy. But I seriously want to go. Seriously. I have a sneaking suspicion that its A. travel bug (I can't go back to Ireland this summer, and I've certainly gotten used to it over the past few years) B. It's not like its a bad reason I can't go back (wedding) C. Deep down, I don't understand why I couldn't go back this summer. I mean, financially, its impossible. But I've never let that stand in my way (sigh, oh the loans are piling up).

But I want to go to Belize. I want to travel al a carte one more time. The funny thing is, it's not like my days of independent travel are over after marriage. I fully intend on continuing my traveling days, and wandering ways, alone and together with J. My parents both took one vacation apart from the other each summer, and it was very important to them-- I see it as natural. So I shouldn't be reacting to the idea that I'll never travel solo again.


But I want to go to Belize. Maybe it has to do with responsibility and ....... dissertation! Ah, running away, to the most affordable running-away-country! Where they drive golf carts, not cars!


That said, anybody seriously want to run away with me to Belize from Saturday until Monday? it's 150$ round trip and the hotel would be $120 each for whole weekend............ seriously.

No comments: