Saturday, October 20, 2007

9 days

it's been 9 days since my last post......... time sure flies. Sometimes that's NOT a good thing. I'm trying to figure out my dissertation--- what's the STATUS of the Question. oohhhh hoooohh. But I can't help it, I keep finding ways to waste time. I typed up my half of the guest list. I know I'm early, but for some reason, no one else seems to understand that when I said I need to know HOW MANY PEOPLE are on their lists-- groom, MOG, AND my own mother, they say I should wait till January.

Well, I have a 75$ off coupon on printing, but need to use it by december, so give me the stupid addresses and names!


That said, it's been interesting to go through my older sister's guest list from 7 years ago, and see how many family friends are family friends no more. All is well, since we don't have the money to pay for them. But think, her wedding had atleast 300 people at the reception. We are aiming for 160-180. My list-- the family and friends that I want to invite, plus wedding party and some of the groom's friends that I DO know, comes to 145.

I just don't know, how many Out of town Groom's guests do we invite, without it look like we're just sending an invitation and request for a gift? Where his family lives and where the wedding is---- it's 3 states away!

1 comment:

supadiscomama said...

My advice is this:

If you can't afford for them to come, and you know for certain that they won't--invite them.

If you can't afford for them to come, and there's even the
slightest possibility that they will--don't invite them.

My own philosophy was, if neither the bride nor the groom (nor their immediate families) have been in touch with said "family friends" in a number of years (say, the groom's pediatrician or his high school girlfriend's mother)--don't invite!

Stay strong, lady! There's no need to go into debt just to make distant friends and relatives happy. Invite the people that you really want to be there. Of course, if the parents are contributing money, they're going to feel entitled to have their own additions to the guest list. But I see no reason why you can't put a cap on how many people they invite.