Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Westroads Mall

My exam is in 12 hours. I've spent the past few thinking about the shooting back home. I'm fortunate enough to have heard from my family, and despite holiday shopping plans, my ma didn't go to the mall today. I will not worry about this too much--- I can't. I need to focus on my notes. But I can't help but think about it. My ex-stepdad is involved with the trauma counseling, so he's somewhat in the 'know'.

I can't help but worry about all the people involved, all the victims, their families, the shooter's families.

And my god, he was in the children's dept. in front of the customer service area. He killed someone's grandpa, who was looking for presents. He shot parents. And he shot a few women in the head.

Please tell me gun laws will actually change. PLEASE.

2 comments:

on the edge said...

So sorry this happened. God bless your step dad with strength now . Many people will need that from him now . I wish I had faith that THEY will change the laws on guns , but don't hold your breath !

on the edge said...

Oh yeah , good luck on your exam !