Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hyde Post

We discovered two nights ago that the only professional sporting event in my home state will happen the same week as the wedding. So I have to hurry up and get some details done-- which is also tearing me away from research (not to mention the start of the evil head cold going around).

I am excited to have solved a dilemma. We had decided to have an open bar (to what $ amount, I'm not sure yet). And then I realized that the hotel is 8 minutes from Church. Church is 12 minutes from reception. Reception is 20 minutes from hotel. Open Bar + 20 min drive = maybe I should provide transportation.

The problem is, to rent a shuttle for that long (all day) would cost $800-950, and the low ball estimate from the yellow bus company was $750! I was not happy. Then it occurred to me to call my old university. I remembered from undergrad, that a friend had rented a university van to pick up family at the airport, and drive around over graduation weekend.

Believe it or not, they actually do rent shuttles-- to alumni. And it's for 1/3 the cost!!!! Now I have a shuttle for the guests, and bridal party, AND it'll have my beloved mascot on the side! Much better than Ollie the Trolley, I think.

That's the good news for the day.

No comments: