Sunday, February 3, 2008

Laser Hair Removal

Laser Hair Removal


Let me explain.

I mentioned that I attended a bridal shower up north with J and my Ma. As you know, each booth has their own cheesy prize contest--- usually with prizes that are little more than coupons off bridal services you don't want. Well, guess what I won up north. It just HAD to be from the booth that I openly mocked with my mother as we signed up. She couldn't understand why there was a plastic surgery booth at a bridal fair. I explained that despite her generational understanding, there were young little mindless-es who thought they had to alter their body for that ONE DAY. I also did explain-- seriously-- that many people had good reasons for certain procedures, who generally never did anything about it until 'now'. And there are older brides-- perhaps someone needs a lifestyle life first? ;)

So I ended up winning a $1500.00 prize at American Laser Centers, which has 500 locations or so. Of all the prizes I could win--- cakes, photography packages, HONEYMOONS, I end up with...... a bikini line.

Yesterday, a friend and I traveled to local Metropolis for the consult, and after a somewhat pressured, but honest, upsale, the clinic manager finagled my 'package' to include absolutely free laser hair removal on my bikini line, AND about 300 in free products. I actually ACTUALLY won something that had no catch! ( I checked the contract carefully). So here I am, doing something absolutely vain, and painful too. I had my first treatment, and it feels exactly like a burning matchhead-slash-needle is poked into your thighs. OH and can you imagine they offer Brazilian services? OW. I know it will be worthwhile eventually-- especially because I'm working out and maybe one day it might be POSSIBLE to see my bikini line in a suit (the rolls get in the way right now).

So does this mean I've joined the population that has had plastic surgery? Did I agree to this just because it's free, before thinking about it? I mean, I'm just following society right? We should be hairless?


Oh, and also, Future Mother in Law will be having a local reception for us after the wedding.....and I can't help but feel weird about control issues. I really want to control some of the decorations or invitations, but I can't control anything--- and really it's all little things.

Here's the problem: she's the paper-accordion-wedding-bell person, and I'm the one-candle-on-the-table-simple person. Oy.

No comments: